In partnership with the Nova Scotia Seamanship Education Society, we at Picton Castle are excited to announce a new international scholarship. This scholarship is designed to offset the costs of enrolling in a qualified sail training program for individuals wishing to pursue a career at sea.
Scholarship berths are available on Picton Castle’s upcoming Transatlantic Voyage (October 1, 2015 – April 1, 2016).
This scholarship will be awarded to individuals who meet the following criteria:
- A demonstrable interest in a future or continuing maritime career, especially in industries related to traditional seafaring and seamanship.
- A strong desire to take part in the training program with clear knowledge of what the program entails, what they hope to achieve and how the program will assist their future career goals.
- A good fit for the desired sail training program (successful scholarship applicants will also have to be successful in Picton Castle’s selection process).
- Between ages 18-35, of any nationality.
- Financial Need. The scholarship is designed to make this training accessible to the people who would most benefit from it and who would not otherwise have the means to participate without.
Applicants who already have some relevant experience or marine qualifications would be at an advantage because this helps to demonstrate a serious desire to pursue a marine career. However, pre-existing experience or certification are not absolute requirements, since the scholarship is also intended to cater to entry-level training.
Applicants should also fill in a Picton Castle application form here.
For more information, please call +1 902 634 9984 or email email@example.com.
More in this Section
World Voyage 7
Around the world: Panama, Galapagos, Pitcairn, French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Vanuatu, Bali, Reunion, South Africa, St. Helena, Caribbean - March 2018 to May 2019Read More >
Around The World
Get the Captain's perspective on the upcoming world circumnavigation voyage, exotic ports, trade wind passages, and why you should join.Read More >